Wednesday 26 August 2015

CV Building // Education


This is the second part of my blog series on writing a CV. Here's my first post which is all about writing your personal details. The next section is about your education. This part is very simple, but they way you set it out makes all the difference. 

Employers want you to make it easy for them to look at your grades and educational background. First of all you want to have a clear heading, something along the lines of, "Education and Qualifications." I like to make the headings bold and underline them. You then want to write a list of your qualifications starting from your most recent grades. For example, I start with my A Levels and work my way down to my GCSEs. You must write out all of your results with your correct grades. There's no point saying you had an A in Mathematics when you really just scraped a C, this could jeopardise your time at the employment, and employers may think you are capable of tasks which you may struggle with. Be honest.

Here is an example of how to set up your qualifications. Note how the heading is a larger font than the rest of the writing (making it clear to employers what they are looking at).


Make sure to follow me to keep up with this series!

Follow me on Bloglovin'
Tweet me!

 photo sig_zps7f71ce81.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow